Sunday, August 16, 2015

First Attempt on a Sewing Machine

I have been watching my mom, sister and many aunts sew for years. I finally decided it would be fun to try and learn how to sew, little did I know it would become an addiction. My sister was the brave one that offered to take the time to show me a few things. She helped me make a scrappy mug rug. She began by showing me now to use a rotary cutter, how to do piecing, quilting and binding.
This is the little project I was able to complete :)
I had a great teacher to show me a thing or two about sewing and quilting. After enjoying making this mug rug so much, I decided it was time to look into buying my very own sewing machine.
 
 
This was done May 2014.

2 comments:

  1. You've come a long way from that little mug rug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! As I look back on this I see some improvements :) I am way more in love with quilting now :)

      Delete