Wednesday, August 19, 2015

First Quilt Project

This was my first project as a beginner. My sister had lots of patience to help me learn the skills I needed to make a quilt.  The quilt top was finished in about 5 days during our first Sewing Vacation. However, the quilting took a long time.

This is a picture of the beginning...making the rows.
 
This is the quilt top finished. 

 
It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to quilt this colourful project. I decided to use a variegated thread. It is all different bright colours. I used a zigzag stitch. I am not sure if I will ever do that stitch again on a quilt. It took a lot of patience and time. But it turned out pretty nicely :)

 
After completing the quilting on this quilt, I only had the binding left. I have never done binding on anything this big so I decided to take it back on our sewing vacation to finish it up.
 

 
I am very pleased with the outcome of my first quilt. The feeling of completing a quilt is great motivation to continue working and completing other projects.
 
Happy quilting :)
 


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nope we have not used it yet! You'd think I would have by now. Soon!

      Delete
  2. This is so bright and cheery. Great job. I really like this pattern.

    ReplyDelete