Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to School...Less Sewing

I have been very busy in the last few weeks. I was standing in a wedding and started back teaching. It's been a busy few weeks; however, I did manage to get a little time to be in my sewing room. I started off by setting my sewing machine back up and organizing my room a bit.

Then, I was able to start working on a quilt for a dear friend of mine. I am using the Stash Stars Pattern from Quilt it...today. I did modify some things slightly since I wanted my stars to be all one colour. I picked all sorts of purples for the stars and a beige colour for the background.
Here are a few pictures of my first couple of blocks.

 
 
I have also been working on a quilt block exchange with my sister at Jada's Quilting Adventures. We are both making a Mosaic Tiles quilt. I have started to cut and prepare her blocks. However, I can not post pictures just yet until she receives them later this month.
I am very excited to be sharing this project with my sister. It's going to be fun to receive the squishy packages every month!
 
I received my Kona Pewter fabric for my background, and a yellow fat quarter bundle to do some of my 5" squares. I decided I wanted my Mosaic Tiles quilt to be yellows, blues and greens. I also got some pink and purple fat quarters for my sister's quilt blocks.
 
 
 
I love how Sew-Sisters added this little charm on my fat quarter bundles that say "Made with Love"
 
 
 
I hope everyone has a great sewing week :) Enjoy and keep quilting ! :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Nice touch on the charm :) Very cute! You're coming along on the Star Blocks....I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour choices. Can't wait to see your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are going to be lovely. Look forward to seeing your tiles blocks.

    ReplyDelete