Friday, October 30, 2015

Little Time = Little Progress

It has been a very long time since I wrote a blog post. Between school and planning, my sewing room has been deserted for some time. I have been able to spend very little time in my room. When I do get some time in there I am usually ironing, cutting, trimming, sewing or just sitting around. I tend to forget about taking pictures and making a blog post. So here is an update of my projects and some little gems I have purchased over the last month or so.

First of all, I can now post the pictures of the three Blocks for September that I made for my block exchange with my sister Julia at Jada's Quilting Adventures.
This goes with the Mosaic Quilt in Modern Bee by Lindsay Conner.





Second, I was so excited to get a collection of scraps from my sister in the form of triangles. I have never tried to sew a triangle shape before. Since she was just getting ride of the scraps I figured it would be a good time to play around with these triangles.

I picked out some matching colours to make diamond in the middle and some other random triangles which would make the outside box. This was very fun. However, I did find trimming them was a bit of a pain. It was fun and a good new experience. I have not decided what I will make with them yet but I will think of something I am sure.






Last but not least, I have been cutting up lots and lots of 5" squares. Some for a special project with my sister so I have hide those blocks. Some for my part of the Mosaic Quilt and some for an extra project down the road. I figured while I was cutting a 5" strip I might as well cut out as many squares as I could.



I almost forgot! Here are two gems I picked up in the last month. Modern Bee by Lindsay Conner and Pillow Pop by Heather Bostic.




Well I hope everyone is enjoying their sewing or quilting even if you are like me and have little time. Enjoy your weekend!
~Jill~

3 comments:

  1. Love those blocks. I just made a pillow top in a similar pattern and look forward to going bigger, later, very nice half square triangles! The look perfect! Trimming is a mindset. I often leave my trimming out and do a little at a time. Your new books look like wonderful acquisitions. Clearly, you've got the bug...the quilting bug, that is! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are great. Good luck with your triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your modern blocks for Julia and isn't it great to get her scraps! Lucky you. Pillow Pop is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete